- Provide end-to-end design guidance, oversight and problem management.
- Provide oversight of requirements gathering and interpretation for all infrastructure impacts across the portfolio pipeline.
- Provide oversight of the requirements process on key projects by clarifying requirements where and when necessary, ensure all teams understand the business reasons for the requirements.
- Provide end-to-end design process guidance and oversight/provide guidance throughout the design process.
- Guide teams through design challenges where and when necessary.
- Provide oversight of design and implementation reviews, participate in, and lead as appropriate, design and implementation reviews during the lifecycle of a project for key business initiatives and core engineering projects before they go into production to ensure Operational Readiness.
- Review final target architecture and design.
- Partner with architecture/development teams on business planning sessions.
- Provide reviews of existing solutions including tracking/remediating issues and gaps for resiliency, risk and performance.
- Provide technology guidance into strategic plans and business strategies.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Thinks Critically: The ability to approach one's work analytically by identifying issues/questions, gathering and evaluating data, and creating evidence-based recommendations or solutions.
- Embraces Innovation & Change: The ability to respond positively to change and demonstrate flexibility, and openness to new ways of thinking and doing things.
- Communicates Openly & Effectively: The ability to effectively communicate in multiple modes and in a way that fosters understanding and dialogue, as well as engages with others in a way that demonstrates emotional intelligence.
- Performance Focused: The ability to take ownership for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, providing feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- Applies Customer Lens: The ability to provide the best service to customers (internal and external) with the goal of exceeding their expectations while maintaining integrity.
- Develops Self & Others: The ability to identify, learn, and apply new skills or habits as needed to perform successfully on the job.
- Fosters Collaboration: The ability to look beyond immediate teams, broaden peer networks, and finding ways to partner with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve success.
- Appian L3 certification mandatory.
- Minimum 12 years of IT experience with at least 5-7 years delivering solutions using Appian.
- Experience assessing and leveraging both mainstream and emerging technology advancements (especially AI, analytics and automation/robotics) with a strategic mindset to transform or optimize business designs.
- Expert level experience with Appian 16x/17x/18x/19x versions, Ability to write complex Appian SAIL Code. Just not drag and drop.
- Strong understanding of Appian Objects such as Records, Reports, Tasks, News, Sites, Actions, Expression Rules, Constants, Query Rules, Web API, Interface Rules, CDTs, Process Models. Constants, Decisions, Integrations, Connected Systems, Data Stores, Groups, Feeds etc.
- Have worked on two or more end to end Appian BPM implementation (Design/Develop/Deploy/Package).
- Experience in building frameworks and BPM concepts.
- Sound Knowledge of Appian Process/Solution and Infrastructure Architecture (Infrastructure Architecture must include knowledge of Appian In-Memory KDB Engines, Sizing, Scaling Vertically/Horizontally).
- Sound Knowledge App Servers such as JBOSS, TOMCAT etc. and Web Servers such as Apache etc.
- Solid fundamentals in languages such as Java. Knowledge about OOP Concepts.
- Strong understanding of various authentication and authorization mechanisms such as OKTA, API Key Based Authentication, LDAP, SAML etc.
- Integration with Web Services (SOAP and REST both), ESBs such as JBoss Fuse, Business Rules Engine such as DROOLS.
- Hands- On Experience in writing Appian Plugins (includes Smart Services, Function Plugins and Servlet Plugins), Connected Systems and Component UI Plugins (Preferred).
- Experience with Embedded SAIL.
- Experience with J2EE Design Patterns such as JSPs, Java Servlets, EJBs, JDBC etc. Strong understanding of JMS Messaging Services, Spring Security Framework and Hibernate Technologies.
- Expert in user interface development, engineering cross-browser, cross device compliant code.Exposure to RPA, AI and intelligent automation tool.
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant technical training with certification.
- Length of Experience:
- The minimum amount of total “on-the-job ” experience required is (12) years, for the position. This means experience in related in a related area or time spent performing similar work that provides the background for the current position.