Application Developer/Software Engineer
- Developing and implementing technical applications, functional enhancements, workflows, application extensions and interfaces
- Writing expressions to display text or to require additional fields based on customer input on the permit request screen.
- Example: Configuring the interface to the financial system to add new columns.
- Example: Writing page-flow code to determine next screen based on custom field choices
- Developing on Accela Civic Platform; and/or Accela Expression Builder.
- End-user of Accela Civic Platform.
- Using Microsoft reporting tools (such as PowerBI and SSRS and Crystal Reports).
- Analyzing application development requirements and product documentation and interacting with vendors to resolve configuration issues.
- Collaborating cross-departmentally with operations management, applications and infrastructure teams, and the Geographic Information System (GIS), Developer on data standards, application priorities, system updates and upgrades, API integration changes, and database extracts.
- Updating configuration/scripting based on monthly product releases.
- Maintaining technical documentation.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Significant work experience providing SaaS/Consumer Off the Shelf (COTS) application configuration and support
- A combination of education and/or 3+ years of experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience that demonstrates competence HTML5 and CSS , .NET framework, Python
- Experience working in a Microsoft operating environment
- Database Development: Oracle, SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL development
- Collaboration with multiple developers utilizing source control software
- Applications support and maintenance of an enterprise level environment
- Developing technical documentation for system enhancements and test scenarios