Information/ Data Senior Architect
Skills : Application architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and software development skills
- Under the direction of the Chief Enterprise Architecture, the Information/Data Architect - Senior Level, performs the application architectural work effort of the current and future enterprise data center build program to conduct architecture related due-diligence reviews within the technology frame work.
- The work effort will consist of developing current and future state architectural due diligence reviews, including but not limited to business transformation, identifying potential risks and opportunities, capturing the rationale for architecture design decisions, negotiating conflicting requirements, improving architectural documentation quality, and facilitating clear articulation architectural artifacts (Business, Information, Application, Infrastructure, Integration, Security etc.) recommendations to ensure value driven sustainable Architectural perspectives
- Apply concepts of application architecture and service orientation to assist customer teams responsible for developing application requirements in specific functional areas.
- Guide construction of architecture review question sets and conduct fact based object review of technology paradigms to facilitate rationale for value-driven go/no-go recommendations.
- Enforce business transformation and optimization through due diligence review from architectural perspectives and view points
- Identify potential risks in the proposed architecture. Assess attributes related to scalability, performance, etc.
- Strong system architecture, design and implementation experience with Enterprise information systems, Lifecycle Management, business processes, configurable work-flow/business rule engine, etc.
- Strong experience working with solution design and implementation experience integrating enterprise wide systems such as PeopleSoft, Maximo, Windchill, inventory management systems, warehouse management system, accounts payables, etc. Experience coordinating software requirements and working with development teams
- Experience managing teams of programmers for deployment of large government multi-agency applications
- Experience performing the application Architecture function, from conception to deployment, of a large government multi- agency solution
- Experience with implementation and architecture of one or more of the following technology sets: message oriented middleware, composite application frameworks, Enterprise Service Bus, Master Data Management, Enterprise Mash-Ups, or Business Process Management
- Experience using an Enterprise Architecture repository such as Telelogic, Metis or Abacus to document relationship of application architectures to an enterprise architecture
- Experience using the Enterprise repository tools to document relationship of application architectures to and enterprise architecture.
- Formal training in organization development, complex systems analysis, group facilitation or information systems requirements analysis. Experience in the transit industry
- Hands-on experience in preparing use case specifications and underlying requirements specifications outlining technical, functional, non-functional, security, risk, data, audit, governance and compliance specification
- descriptions for asset lifecycle management by respective lifecycle stages
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Group facilitation experience
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio to perform basic financial analysis of business processes
- Experience using the Abacus Enterprise Architecture repository to document relationship of application architectures to and enterprise architecture Formal training in organization development, complex systems analysis, group facilitation or information
- Experience in the transit industry. Experience integrating more than four legacy applications or data sources across a J2EE, MS .NET, and/or legacy mainframe or mini environment