• 7 years of relevant experience in IBM Mainframe Systems and related functionality, with expertise in: COBOL, JCL (z/VSE & z/OS MVS operating systems), VSAM file structures with AMS (IDCAMS) utilities and command-line CICS. Knowledge and use of Oracle/SQL is also a desired skill as is familiarity with DFSORT utilities and Easytrieve-Plus.
• Possesses complete understanding and wide application of programming analysis and development principles with experience in all aspects of the software development life-cycle, including analysis, design, coding, QA, and testing methodologies with the ability to work independently under general supervision from management.
• Ability to design and develop code applications to technical and functional programming specifications; support technical tasks via documentation; manage design requirements and programming specifications and develop, codify and implement unit and systems test plans/scripts.
• Uses skills set in the application of theories and concepts in the field.
• Ability to provide, implement and support technical solutions to a wide range of deliverables/coding requests.