Project Manager – Level 3
Skills : system integration, testing and change management
- Oversees the responsibility of managing BPR and Information Technology project changes related to ROCS systems including automatic train control, passenger information display and yard management.
- Responsible for drafting specifications, proposal review, work plan definitions, task management, overall deliverables, and status tracking for the systems integration and/or development for the Virtual Desktop and Eisenhower ROCC Infrastructure Projects, among others, including the following major systems.
- Track, Automatic Train Control, Communications, Traction Power, Contact Rail, Station Mechanical Systems and Elevator/Escalators, Tunnel Ventilation Systems, Electrical System.
- Responsible for designing coordination responsibilities, activities and configuration control.
- Responsible for creating System Acceptance Plan, System Integration Tie-In Plan, System Safety/Security Certification Management Plan, Construction Safety and Security Plan, Environmental Safety and Control Plan.
- Communicates with the sponsoring organizations to assist in needs assessment, scope definition, risk and process improvement analyses.
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine time frames, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Proactively solves problems to ensure milestones are met and projects are completed on-time and within budget.
- Conducts and evaluates post-mortems to improve future projects.
- Extensive knowledge of system integration, testing and change management required to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of business process analysis, benchmarking techniques and ability to apply technology to solve business problems related to ROCS group support for the ROCS systems and ATC Alarms.
- Ability to understand computer software at the power user level.
- Familiarity with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, BPR, data modeling software, and ability to master new programs quickly, especially Microsoft Project.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately with nontechnical individuals on technical matters.
- Excellent communication, organization and relationship management skills.
- Ability to track and organize multiple projects and project team activities.
- Ability to use CA/Clarity software to provide management reporting and tracking for all projects resulting from duties identified above.
- Experience communicating and managing requirements and successful delivery of rail support systems for a major extension to an operating mass transit rail system.
- Required experience includes:
- managing and coordinating tests and modifications for integrated rail support systems, identifying training requirements
- managing training delivery
- managing and coordinating inter-organizational, interdepartmental, and inter-disciplinary logistical support across multiple contracts
- supporting startup operations
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, and standard practices in transportation systems as used in transit agencies and public entities in the area of Automatic Train Control, Automatic Train Supervision, integration with passenger information systems and dependent application support systems, Incident Reporting, and Alarm systems applications, and of the software tools involved in development, implementation, customization and maintenance activities associated with these applications.
- Knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques used to evaluate, select, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot applications and systems software and hardware of all types.
- Experience with real time system interfaces required
- Responsibilities include providing project team guidance, some of which is technical.
- Responsibilities require working some evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice