Web Portal Maintenance and Design Services
1) Candidate with intermediate experience in web design and development.
2) Candidate with technical computer skills for website coding or graphics design with website coding skills with BS/MS or the equivalent in experience for Montgomery County Department of Health & Human Services (HHS).
3) Candidate will update content and graphics for HHS website, BTheOne, KnowTheRisks websites or as requested. Candidate will report to the HHS Public Information Officer.
4) Candidate will meet with the Department of Technology Services (DTS) to understand the CMS and technical requirements to keep the website updated and introduce or update the design as needed.
• Design and update web pages for multiple HHS websites.
• Provide analytics reports to HHS to help drive viewership and review feedback to improve the usability and functionality of the websites.
• Develop new web services and features to enhance the look, feel, and overall customer satisfaction with the web and social media presence.
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
• Writing and editing content; selecting and editing photographs for inclusion.
• Understanding of the coding and software used in the Montgomery County Government responsive design template (DTS).
• Proven web design/development experience.
• Demonstrable graphic design skills.
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
• Up-to-date skills with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies including animation, multimedia design, and video and audio.
• Working experience with web responsive design software; such as Frontend or Bootstrap.
• Consultant will work closely with the Public Information Officer at Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services and the staff at the Department of Technology Services.
• The Web Portal Maintenance & Graphics Designer will document decisions, and prepare final versions of required deliverables.
• They must be skilled at relationship building, and have the ability to communicate and interact effectively.