The Big Career Leap
Contract - Independent,Contract - W2
0 to 6 months
• 8+ years of overall IT experience, 4+ years' experience in developing IT infrastructure Solutions as a lead engineer or Architect • 4+ years' experience in planning, documenting, validating and testing technical solutions in an enterprise setting
• 6+ years' experience with any combination of Linux/Unix, Windows 2008 and/or 2012, VMWare ESX within a mid to large enterprise
• 4+ years working in or in collaboration with complex software delivery organizations
• Demonstrable knowledge of database structure and theory, preferably Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience with Cloud and Hybrid networks
• IT Service Delivery experience implementing and utilizing ITIL processes
• Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment
• Track record of remaining unbiased toward specific technology or vendor solutions
• Possesses excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to champion causes with positive impact and change
• Demonstratable skill creating system architecture diagrams using modern tools and symbology.
Information Services And Publishing
Software Application Design And Development
• Participate in drafting and proposing enterprise architecture policies, standards and best practices. Tailor them to meet City needs and ensure that they can be effectively implemented and supported
• Review new and in-flight RFPs, SOWs and similar documents. Provide expert critique to ensure that current industry and City best practices, standard and policies are applied as appropriate.
• Participate in Enterprise Architecture review and similar meetings. Provide expert critique to ensure that current industry and City best practices, standard and policies are applied as appropriate.
• Define, plan and design innovative enterprise-wide network, collaboration, and platform infrastructure solutions, including integrated financial analysis of technical alternatives across technology disciplines to meet business requirements and appropriate backup/redundancy requirements
• Effectively document Logical and Physical architecture. Provide templates, standards, and mentorship for diagraming infrastructure
• Resolve difficult interoperability issues that arise when complex systems are developed that require a number of integrations. This may include hands on work to configure and develop workflows using middleware tools
• Successfully negotiate technical design and deployment strategy with Project Management Office (PMO) and IT managers
• Assist with migrations of applications off legacy-based systems. Specific tasks will include migrating systems from windows 2003 servers to new operating systems on virtualized platforms, cloud or hybrid solutions. Define ‘lift and shift’ guidelines.
• Recommend and arbitrate between technical choices that best serve the agencies needs and adhere to IT’s guiding principles
The Office of Innovation and Technology (OIT) is the central IT agency for the City of Philadelphia headed by the Chief Information Officer. Within OIT, the mission of the Enterprise Architecture team is to unify OIT’s operations for data integrations, application development, and system wide monitoring to better serve our clients through well-coordinated, and sustainable enterprise architecture planning and execution of standards. The OIT also provides direction and leadership on the selection and use of enterprise systems and practices to achieve more reliable, sustainable, and effective data system integrations across multiple projects, to keep the Project Management Office (PMO) and IT directors better informed, and to improve their decision-making capacity around architecture.
• Knowledge of federal, state and other regulatory compliance including, but not limited to CJIS, PCI, and HIPPA, is strongly preferred
• Experience in government entities